September 2015- Kromer’s project activities
- With September 1st, 2015 our Erasmus+ project entitled “Reach the Sky“ started. At first we organized our team, which was divided into 5 sections- Astronomy Section, Media Section, Language Section, IT Section and Arts Section. Over 100 students decided to join in with Erasmus+ team
- On the first floor of our school there appeared “Erasmus Wall”– an exhibiton with information about partner countries- Slovenia, Romania, Turkey and Spain. Kromer Language Section also prepared mini-dictionares with basic phrases in our partners’ languages and a dictionary with astronomic phrases. They’ll be useful in the international meetings.
- On the day of Autumn equinox- 23rd September students of Kromer took part in astronomic workshops in the playground. The purpose of these activities was determining the local meridian by observing the shadow cast by a gnomon (the ”hand” of sundial), determining the East and the West on the plane of the horizon and measuring the position of the Sun over the horizon and calculating the latitude of the position of our observation. A large group of students gathered in the playground and took part in the lesson outdoors. Splendid weather and our students’ engagement helped us reach the aims of the workshop.
- On the 24th of September the winners of the Kromer logo competition were revealed. The jury of the competition chose two designs prepared by Grzegorz Góra an Daniel Chochołek, students of class 1a.
- On 27th September 2015 we took part in an event called Pogórzańskie Atrakcje Naukowe. There members the Erasmus Team promoted our project “Reach the Sky”. By the entrance to the venue, our astronomic team prepared stalls where visitors had the opportunity to observe the sun, splashes of sun trough the teleskope, and look for satellites in the sky . Durning the event hundreds of visitors observed the gallery of space photos taken by students of Kromer school.